If you are preparing for an international relocation, please be aware that it will take a significant amount of your time, effort, and coordination. In fact, we suggest that you start researching, planning, and preparing as soon as possible.
There’s no doubt that an international move will require a wide range of changes. These changes will range from everyday basic things (such as your household appliances) to professional and cultural aspects. So, are you ready for all of these changes?
An overseas move requires at least two or three month’s worth of preparation. If you want to have a successful, stress-free relocation, you really need to be prepared and to make informed decisions. Think about where your children will attend school. Figure out what you will do with your car. How will you move with your pet?
In an effort to help you have a successful international move, we’ve put together a list of issues you’ll definitely need to deal with. Take a look and keep these things in mind:
- Family and domestic issues
- Culture shock and fitting in
- Moving with your kids – what about school?
- Moving with your pets – is there a quarantine?
- Legal affairs
- Mail forwarding and change of address
- Health insurance and doctors
- Finding a place to live
- Finding a job
- What about your appliances?
- What about Internet connections?
- Drivers license registration
- Moving with your car