Do You Need Specialty Packing Supplies?

Do You Need Specialty Packing Supplies?

Depending on the stuff you have to move, you might actually need some specialty packing supplies. But what does that even mean? Well, specialty items like big mirrors, artwork, computers and other similar items might just need additional packing supplies to stay safe during your relocation.

You can actually purchase specialty boxes and other packing supplies from most office supply stores and any moving company. You may definitely want to invest in these items for your artwork and mirrors, to ensure that they make it to your next home in one piece. Consider purchasing frame protectors and special corrugated cardboard to protect the flat surfaces.

Artwork and mirrors aren’t the only items you might need specialty boxes for. What about your lamps, guitars and other odd-shaped items? Yes, there are boxes for these items as well. Take a look around your house before you even start thinking about packing so you have an idea of what you might need.

Aside from these specialty-packing supplies, there are some things you will definitely need, no matter what. Here’s a list of things you’ll need, as you get ready to move:

  • Scissors
  • Markers
  • Packing tape and dispenser
  • Brown paper or plain newsprint
  • Packing foam or peanuts
  • Stretch wrap
  • Moving blankets
  • Labels
  • Box cutter
  • Mattress covers
  • Gloves

You can pick these things up at almost any moving company, or office supply store. Good luck with your move!

Lance Grooms