If you’ve never had a stressful or scary experience, why not try moving your small business? Even to the most seasoned entrepreneur, relocating your company comes with concerns about downtime, disorganization, and other significant concerns. In an effort to keep the entire moving process as simple as possible, we’ve listed some tips for you.
- Make a Moving Checklist – You can find a variety of moving checklist templates online. They are really helpful for making sure that you don’t skip an important step or leave anything undone during the office move.
- Keep Your Phone Number – If you are moving locally, arrange to keep the same phone number. This way, customers and vendors will always be able to reach you directly. If you can’t keep the phone number, make sure you share the new one with everyone as soon as possible.
- Forward Your Calls – In an effort to avoid missing any important calls to the office during your move, have your phone calls forwarded to your cell or home number. This way, there’s no risk of missing a call or not getting a voicemail.
- Label and Number Your Boxes – It won’t do to just label your boxes, you should number them as well. This will help you know which boxes need to be opened up immediately on moving day and which can wait till later.
- Mail Your Clients – Send out a “Hey, We Moved” postcard to all of your customers, clients, and vendors. Make sure your new information is correctly printed on it.