Oh, moving day! What are you forgetting? What should you remember to do on the big day? We know moving is stressful and if you don’t plan things carefully you may forget the little things that make a big difference in the long run. So, we’ve put together a list of things you need to do on moving day – don’t forget!
- A day or two before moving day, give the moving company a quick call to make sure they have the date and addresses correct. Also ensure that they have your phone numbers and you have theirs.
- Always be there when the movers arrive. This way you will be able to share any important instructions with them before all the packing up begins. If you aren’t there, you will be left to the mercy of their loading decisions.
- Before the movers begin loading the truck, review every detail and all the paperwork. Go with the driver as they inspect each furniture tag and box label. Make sure you get a copy of the inventory.
- Strip your beds and vacuum your mattresses. Because you will definitely want a comfortable place to sleep in your new home, make sure all the bedding goes into one of the last boxes loaded onto the moving truck.
- You will likely want to clean the new house when you arrive. So, along with the bedding, make sure that your cleaning essentials are packed into the moving truck last. That means they’ll be the first out!
- Stay until the last box is loaded. Then, go through your home to make sure that nothing is left behind.