Winter is actually the hardest time to sell a house. People just aren’t in the mood for house hunting, moving, or anything in between. But, sometimes it is unavoidable to list your house in the winter. So, in order to help get you moving into your new house even faster, we’ve put together some tips to make it easier:
- List the House Appropriately – In the winter, house hunters often expect discounts. This is because people who list their homes in the winter usually need to sell. Just remember to list your house realistically.
- Use Snow-Free Pictures – If possible, make sure you take pictures before it snows. If that isn’t possible, have a photographer come out and take pictures during the first melt.
- Boost Your Curb Appeal – Curb appeal is absolutely essential if you want to move out of your house in the winter. A nice appearance is important – it helps the potential buyer imagine living in the house. No one wants to move into an ugly home.
- Stage the House for the Winter – Staging your home is very important. If the potential buyer can imagine cozying up next to your fireplace, that is a good sign. If you have a lot of clutter in your home, be sure to tidy up before you start showing the house.
- Don’t Forget the Lighting – In the winter, it can be very gloomy. So, it is important to make sure that you have sufficient and pleasant interior lighting. If not, you won’t have anyone moving in.